Saturday April 14 at 10:00 AM at the Plaza outside of the Rooster Moon Coffee House near the Pennsylvania Dutch Market 1551 Potomac Ave, Hagerstown, MD 21742
Our planning was quite fruitful with many suggestions offered by all. Attending were Jim Ballard, Wes Evans and myself.
Among the discussion were the following;
• Memorial Day event – join with American Legion Post 42 in a wreath laying in town square Hagerstown.
• Christian Thomas grave marking this year at Mt. Hebron - date TBD
• Mummer’s Parade. The thought is to acquire a horse drawn wagon allowing membership to ride the route while others march with banner. In addition we can have a Betsy Ross flag to be flown over the capitol which can be on display. We can use the Grand Union flag already available from Wes. Please provide your own suggestions and if you can find a horse drawn wagon that could be used in the event. If you can assist in planning this event please indicate so on the attached ballot. The flag costs are;
o 4ft x 6ft $68
o 5ft x 8ft $202
• Spring meeting. We decided to have a cookout instead of a restaurant venue. Wes has offered his home in the Catoctin Mountains, so we need some planners to figure out what supplies are needed and split the load among those attending. See the attached ballot and enter remarks at the bottom if you can help plan.
• There was a motion to create an advertising budget. Please see the attached spring ballot and cast your votes.
This is your chapter, so step up and be proud.
If you did not receive a ballot and wish to vote please contact us through the contact page!